By Nigel Slater 14/05 Updated: 14/05 16:26
FIREFIGHTERS were called after a large amount of wood caught fire at a Vale farm yesterday (Sunday).
Crews from Broadway and Evesham arrived at Cheltenham Road in Broadway to find about 20 square metres of wood chippings alight.
Nobody was injured but the wood chippings and a shipping container used to store farm machinery was destroyed during the blaze.
The fire was brought under control at about 6.40pm with the use of main jet and two hose reels.
Toby Kempton, station commander at Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, said there had been a real danger of the fire spreading to nearby barns and stables which had horses in them.
"The barns contained a number of horses and so our first priority was to move these safely away from the fire," he said.
"This was quickly completed and we then concentrated our efforts on stopping any fire spread to nearby barns."
WORCESTERSHIRE is among 19 areas across the South
HUNDREDS of runners are limbering up to take
A PERSHORE mum, whose partner lost his hair
AN EVESHAM town councillor has urged traders to
A PENSIONER is believed to have died shortly after an ...
A MAN from Stratford who raped a prostitute twice as ...
AN OUTBREAK of norovirus has forced a ward to close ...