By Gary Smee 10/05 Updated: 11/05 12:40
A BUMPER line-up of entertainment for all ages has been announced for next month's Evesham Balloon Festival.
To mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee year organisers of the festival, which takes place on June 9 and 10, have decided to expand the array of live music on offer on the Saturday (June 9) from pop punk originals to soul and rock classic covers.
The live music starts at 1pm with up-and-coming star Pershore band SJS and finishes at 9pm with Ready Steady Go bringing the best of 60s covers from The Beatles to The Rolling Stones.
A fun packed day is in store with dawn and dusk balloon launches, classic cars, hovercraft displays and a fun fair on Crown Meadow. There will also be plenty of food stalls and beer tents.
The world famous night glow and grand fireworks finale complete the night at 10.45pm.
On Sunday (June 10) there will be a second balloon launch and the continuation of the classic car and hovercraft displays.
Shawn Riley, Evesham Market Town Partnership manager, said he could not wait for the event to get underway.
"Adding new and exciting elements to the towns’ events is a key part of our role in attracting more people to Evesham," he added.
"The Balloon Festival is a tremendous event and we’re really looking forward to the music on offer this year, which will really bring it all to life."
The full line-up of live music on Saturday is as follows.
· 1pm The live music starts with the SJS Band - Making their Balloon Festival debut, the young contemporary 3 piece rock band playing originals and the occasional cover in their own style, way beyond their years. These guys gig relentlessly and relish the big stage.
· 2.10pm Keep The Change - Power Pop Punk from these 3 made their debut at the Balloon Fest last year! This trio come hot from their O2 Academy debut and continue to wow the younger audience;
· 3.20pm The Crazy 88's - Popular covers band, the 'crazee gang' return to tantalise the taste buds. 'Firm' local favourites. Anything from timeless 'Rock Classics to Floor Fillers'... wait till you see those hips shake.....and that's just the Bass Player!
· 4.40pm The Road Hogs- 'Veterans' and favourites of the Balloon Festival riding into town from Coventry. Classic Rock covers 'H' and 'Dude' front the band sunshine and rock music - what more could you ask for?
· 6.10pm Fifteen English Pounds - We're all 'quids in' with 'The Pounds' playing you their brand of Rock Classics....Once again the singing Landlord and his Pounders take a trip down Port street... They've bulldozed 'The Bulldog Bash', bamboozled 'Brum'... now they 'Shake The Sham'.
· 7.30pm Boogie Street- Evesham's own Soul, Motown and Northern Soul Covers band will get you on your feet.. These guys are local and have been on the circuit for many years. This is their first appearance at the Balloon Festival.' 'Get your kicks out on the floor' with Dunc, Lisa....'Evesham's chosen few' and the boys from Boogie Street.
· 9.00pm Ready Steady Go - finishing off the night in style are Ready Steady Go, bringing you the best of 60's covers from 'The Beatles to The Stones', these guys are jetting in from Hungary and Childswickham to play their first Balloon Festival...Its all about Nostalgia.... are you ready?
For the latest updates go to www.eveshamtown.co.uk.
FIREFIGHTERS were called after a large amount of
WORCESTERSHIRE is among 19 areas across the South
HUNDREDS of runners are limbering up to take
A PERSHORE mum, whose partner lost his hair
THE END could be approaching for a community group described ...
A MAJOR new gateway development in Stratford has moved a ...
WEATHER forecasters have predicted Redditch could be in for snow ...